Friday, November 30, 2007

Preston's Debut ~ November 21, 2007

Dreams really do come true! OK, so I'm a true believer that Disney is magical and yes to me it is the greatest place in the world (sad, but true)! I HAVE PICTURES TO PROVE IT! We took the kids to the Magic Kingdom on our first day in Florida. Preston was napping just 2 minutes before I took these pictures. Kevin, Ryan & Presley were on the Carousel of Progress (Kevin's favorite) and I decided to take Preston out of the stroller and let him stretch his legs. He's been standing and taking a few steps before this, but when I put him down this time, he just took off. I couldn't believe it (to all of his grandparents, I know you know exactly what I'm talking about). We are so blessed to have this little guy healthy and now walking. I know you are going to check out his legs first in this photo and I don't blame you! Can you believe how straight his foot is when he's walking? It just seems to have gotten better overnight and we are so thankful! No, the bow legs didn't go away, but he's still a keeper!


Stopping to dance a little jig!

As he was walking, he was getting a lot of attention. An employee of the Magic Kingdom came up to us and asked if this was his first visit. She gave him a "First Visit" pin and wrote his name and 2007 on it. He held on to it real tight as he continued to walk and would even stop to look at it - deep down I think he knew that this was a magical moment!
Don't worry - I caught him!
And off he went - pin in hand - straight feet - beautiful smile - what more could I ask for!
*Notice the people in the background "Preston watching". He had a crowd on all sides and Kevin, Ryan & Presley are back to share the moment.

2 comments:

GG said...

How wonderful that you got pictures of his first"real" walk! I can hardly believe how straight his feet are, but then this is what I've been praying for, so why should I be surprised.

Nana said...

God is so good. We have been blessed over and over and this is just one more thing to thank Him for. That's the most precious 'bag of worms' I have ever seen.